March is the month where I usually go through my yarn stash, fabric stash and switch over to more summer and spring like colors. It’s the time when spring cleaning and organizing gets done. Out with the old and in with the new.
In a few weeks those of us in the East Coast will lose one hour of sleep as we spring forward one hour on our clocks which signifies more daylight and new beginnings. Many are starting up seedlings for their gardens and projects around the house are being put on the list of things to do when the weather warms up. My lists are growing by leaps and bounds.
I found a few great websites and Fiber Festivals you may want to check out this spring. I will leave you with the list below. Start marking your calendars and get ready its going to be here before you know it.
I just started my spring shawl from my Annie’s pattern that I shared on my YouTube channel. Follow along and see my progress. You can look through my affiliate links and find Annie’s and pick up some Spring 2020 Fashions or Home Décor. If you make a purchase through the links I will make a small commission which helps go toward the operation of my website and channel on YouTube. Thanks in advance.
Here is the list I compiled of events happening possibly near you. Enjoy!
Upcoming Events and Yarn Supplies List
- Yarn Con: April 4 & 5th, 2020 @ Chicago’s Indie Fiber Fair, Address: Chicago Journeyman Plumbers Union Hall, 1340 W. Washington Blvd. Chicago Il 60607, Https://www.yarncon.com
- Black Swamp Spinners Guild: March 28, 2020 9am-4pm @ 13800 W. Poe Rd. Bowling Green OH 43402, Admission $1.00, Demonstrations, Spinning, Weaving, Website: https://www.blackswampspinnersguild.org, Lunch provided by Lake Erie BBQ, Held in the Wood County Fairgrounds Junior Fair Building
- Sauder Village: Year round events, Campgrounds and Hotel lodging, Classes- Broom making, Black Smith, Quilting, Rug hooking, Weaving, Spinning @ 22611 State RT2, Archbold OH 43502, Call 1-800-590-9755, Website: https://saudervillage.org
- Big Foot yarn Company: Small batch hand dyed yarn from Pacific Northwest, Website: https://www.bigfootyarn.comYarn,
- Simply Sock Yarn: Yarn, Kits, Project bags, suede tags, Website: https://www.simplysockyarn.com
- Native Twists Studio: Address: 315 Mayville St., Mount Sterling KY, Website: https://www.nativetwistsstudio.com
- Wild hare Fiber Studio: Handspun and hand dyed yarns, Address: 106 Chester St. Front Royal VA, Website: https://www.wildharefiber.com
- *I am not affiliated with any of these companies and I am not getting paid to advertise them, this is my personal announcement to share with my viewers.*